So Scott has been bugging me for at least 4 months now to paint the master bathroom. I kept telling him, "We're not painting our bathroom now that the home is for sell. I don't want to paint just to move..." Anyway after much persistence Scott finally talked me into painting but not only did we paint our bathroom, but also an accent wall in the living room and 2 walls in the kitchen. Little did I realize Scott bought the paint the very next day and we started painting that next night (Tuesday). Well we had already planned on having an open house that very Saturday (the 10th). So needless to say Tuesday through Friday we were up painting until 3:00 am!!! Okay, okay Tuesday night I fell asleep at 1:30 and Scott came into bed at 2:45. But man have we been sleep deprived. I kept getting mad at Scott for starting this project right before the open house, but now that it's done it looks really nice. So after staying up till 3 Friday night we were to start the open house at 10:00 the next morning. We still had cleaning up to do and Scott was to mow the lawn. We set the alarm for 7:30 but to our exhaustion we slept right through it (and amazingly Mya slept in too!) and we didn't wake up until 9:30!!! We busted our butts and got the house clean in 1 hour, and had the posters out by 10:30. Then all we had to do was wait... I even made Oh Henry bars for anyone that would walk through... And so we waited... and waited... The open house was advertised to be from 10-6. 3:00 rolls around and still no one. Mind you, I still had not taken a shower because I couldn't be showering just in case someone was to come through during that time period. Scott left and took Mya to go shopping for mother's day while I stayed to manage all the hopeful buyers. So I waited... and waited... sigh... and waited. Not a Darn Freakin' person came through! I was so mad! We worked so hard and stayed up so late for nothing! What a waste of a day. So yeah, I currently hate the market right now- not only because our house not selling but because it's affecting my job as well. Utah's market is really not that bad, but it's the stupid media that makes it seem so much worse which scares potential buyers. Stupid. So anyway, I just had to vent a little and update you on what we've been doing the past week. I know we're technically not in a "rush" to sell but with the current gas prices and Scott's commute we're just ready. The house has been on the market now since last July, with 3 failed offers. I can't complain too much because I know there are others out there that have it worse (like the Wrights- sorry guys you have to move back but we're excited to have you in the ward again! :) ) but it is just frustrating. Well here are some new pics of the house. What do you think of the new paint job?
12 years ago


6 comments:
I am so sorry about the whole not selling your house thing. We only had our up for 6 months and I got so discouraged but you on the other hand have had it on longer with 3 stupid sales that have not worked. I am so sorry. Maybe you guys should rent your place. Rent prices have gone way up because no one can buy or sell their houses. You could cash flow with your house I bet. The walls look HGTV worthy!! Good Job. I hope you enjoyed all the treats you made. Hey, do you know anything about Sam and Amanda? I have been wondering about them lately.
k-bye
Looks awesome you guys!!! We actually spent Mon.-Wed. of last week painting our townhome; it took 17 hours total! We didn't have to and probably wouldn't have if I had known what a pain it would be, but I just wanted to change it up a bit, you know, make it feel a little new and exciting. And, yes we do feel your pain about the market! But we are SOOO excited to be back; we have to hang out!
It looks great! I have been wanting to paint, but I really hate painting so I'm torn. I'm so glad to find out you have a blog!
The walls really do look great! Even at the late hours, still perservered and they look really good.
Cute Family! How are you? Your baby is so cute!
I found you while I was bored at work... blog hopping!
anyway It's great to see how you are. I am just working in Virginia for the summer. My Boyfriend is installing security systems here so I came out to work also.
Keep in touch!
Post a Comment