Thursday, April 23, 2009

Easter!

We had quite the fun filled Easter. We started the festivities Saturday night with some sugar cookies and coloring eggs. We bought a cool tie dye kit that brought out our creative sides. :)


Mya wasn't sure what to do and kept posing for the camera. I finally gave her a crayon and let her color the eggs that way.




Easter morning we took a friend to the airport at 7:00. Mya was so excited to see if the Easter Bunny had come to the house. Once we were home she heard a ring at the doorbell and got so excited. We rushed to the door only to find a real Easter Bunny with her basket of goodies! She was so excited, it was cute.

So here is Mya's new pet, Flash. He is a very cute and good natured rabbit.

We of course had to play with him right after she got him, so here she is still in her pajamas playing with her bunny and Daddy.

After we put the bunny away then Mya examined all the candy in her Easter basket. She thought it was pretty cool. :) It was fun to see her so excited about everything.

Here is Mya posing in her new Easter dress before church. Isn't she so cute?!?

After church it was time for the annual Curtis egg hunt! Since Scott's parents are on a mission, Scott and I were in charge of hiding all the eggs. I hid the hard boiled eggs in good hiding spots so that the "big boys" would have to help the kids find them. I think it made it fun for everyone, but still not quite like Grandma and Grandpa's. :)

Mya loved looking for eggs and was pretty good at it by the end.

Mya showing off her basket full of eggs.

We of course brought the bunny out for all the kids to play with. Mya loved showing off her new toy/pet.

The Curtis grandkids (minus Zach and Sienna in TN)

4 comments:

Lee & Kindra said...

I love Mya's little dress. What a cutie!

How is everything going for you guys?

Ben and Amy said...

Hey guys! We are glad that you guys had a great easter! Mya looks so cute in her dress. ben and I were thinking about getting together with you guys some time and maybe doing a sunday dinner or something...Ben will probably call Scott soon, but you can always answer back on our blog...

Michelle said...

Hey ShaRee!!
We got Carter and Emmy real easter bunnies too. We've had pretty fun with them. I'm sure Mya loves hers! Love all the pics!:o)

ANGELA said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe you got a bunny! How are you feeling? You look good!