This is what we left Thursday morning at 7:00
SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! It was so cold, we were 30 minutes late departing from the airport so our airplane could be defrosted.

We (with our friends Katie and Zac) stayed at an all inclusive resort, that turned out to be very nice. Here is the main entrance to the lobby...
We arrived on Thursday and played everyday until Monday afternoon. Here are a few pictures of what we did...
We relaxed in the sun
Played in the pool
We went on a guided jeep tour that took us to fun spots around the island of Cozumel. We went snorkeling (which I need to scan in the picture of) that was a lot of fun. I was a little worried how I would do being big and pregnant, but it was just fine. Katie is also pregnant, 4 weeks behind me, and we got a little special treatment from the guides to make sure we were okay. :) We saw some awesome fish and an eel.
Part of the tour included a visit to some Mayan ruins. They weren't the big pyramids like you see in Cancun, but they were still neat.
The Mayans didn't really have a "city" on the island of Cozumel, but would come across for a "religious journey" I guess you could say. They would travel to this spot to meet with the Fertility God. Depending on the Mayan/Moon calendar, when they arrived at this spot they could determine the sex of their baby. It was kind of interesting but our tour guide was very hard to understand with his Spanglish. :) Here Katie and I are posing in front of the arch where the Fertility God lived, showing off our pregnant bellies. Yes, I am much bigger than she is! haha
After the Mayan ruins, we toured their Tequila Museum and learned how they make Tequila. haha I think a lot of people signed up for the Jeep Tour just so they could get free shots of Tequila! Here is Scott posing in front of the many different kinds of Tequila. It was pretty funny how drunk some of the people in our group got.
We also stopped off the road to check out a "hot spot" for crocodiles and sure enough we got to see three different crocs!
Our next stop was the lighthouse. Scott climbed the stairs while I checked out the little shops. :)
We had a great time, but it was nice to come home to be with our crazy little girl again! This is how she dressed herself the next morning. She loves her cowboy boots!


7 comments:
Totally jealous you guys! Looks like it was a blast! Cute preggo belly ShaRee....its fun to see!
ShaRee that is awesome you guys were able to go on such a fun vacation. I am jealous too!
how fun!!!
i'm so jealous!!!
warm warm warm warm :)
It looks like you guys had so much fun!
HOW FUN! I am SO Jealous, that is so awesome. Glad you were able to get away before baby #2.
Way fun to get away from the snow! Glad you had a good time.
Looks like a blast. I'm glad you got some sun while I was still stuck back here in snow:o) HOpe you didn't run into any swine:o)
Post a Comment