Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Crazy Lady

I had to write the post down before I forgot about it. In some ways this blog is Mya's little memory book or journal of funny things she says or does. So last night just before we were to say prayers and put Mya to sleep, we had a "Crazy Lady" debate. A few months back Scott would call Mya a crazy lady in a funny Chinese accent and she would laugh and laugh. Now Mya will fight back and call you a crazy lady and point right in your face. The way she says "crazy lady" is so funny. So we were all going back and forth calling Daddy, Mommy, and Mya crazy lady and just giggling. We settled down for prayer and Mya began as usual... "Heavenly Father, prayer, thank you." Then she repeats it a couple times before Scott or I step into help. Scott says, "Thank you for mommy and daddy" and Mya repeats, "Thank you for mommy crazy lady, daddy crazy lady." I busted out laughing and could not control my giggles through the remainder of her prayer! She just cracks me up. She is getting better at saying the prayers all by herself, and when we prompt her to say more she tries to cut it short by saying "Christ, amen" after everything we ask her to repeat. It amazes me how quickly she is picking up on new things...
Another funny thing this morning... At about 7:00 I hear this thud and Mya crying; sure enough I go into her room and she has fallen off her bed while sleeping! I pick her up and bring into our bed and she falls back asleep for another hour. The first thing she says when she wakes up, "Mom, fell out of bed and hit head," as she rubs her forehead, "Darn it!" (She loves to say darn it when ever something bad happens.) Ohh what a "crazy lady" I have for a little girl. We love her to pieces!!!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

That Mya sounds like a character! Hope to see you at the reunion this weekend. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

That made me laugh!!! She is such a silly girl!!! It was good talking to ya the other night! Oh...my ultrasound is on the 18th

Michelle said...

Don't ya just love the things kids come up with? She sounds like such a ham!:o)