Although I have neglected updating my blog, it doesn't mean I don't have anything to blog about! So for my own journal purposes I have a few cute stories to share of my sweet rugrats!
While doing Mya's hair she asks, "Mom, when I get married can I go to a Masquerade Ball?" I laugh and ask, "Do you even know what that is?" She quickly responds, "Yes it's when you get dressed up like Halloween and wear masks and wear pretty dresses, and go dancing." I told her once she was married she could go, but my curiosity lead me to ask how in the world she knew about a Masquerade Ball. At first she said, "I just knew it, I'm smart." Then later she admitted that it had been on Mickey Mouse. Later that same day when she was telling her Dad about it, he teasingly said, "Ooo so you can dance with boys!?!" She looked at him with a disgusted face and said, "No, Dad. No boys are allowed. Only girls... Well except maybe little boys like Mason." Oh she is funny!
To add to your laughter, I will preface my next Mya story by saying last Friday she had spent a few hours at my sister's, Shawna's house who has a cute bulldog that is currently pregnant... That next day Mya was being crazy and wild so I asked her, "Mya do you know you're CrAZy?" She answers very serious, "No, but I know I'm pregnant." LOL I about died laughing. I asked if she knew what pregnant meant, and this time she thankfully said no. I explained pregnant means you have a baby in your belly like Aunt Laura. Then she responds, "Well Holly is pregnant!" (Holly is the dog) I said, "Yes, Holly is pregnant but you can't be pregnant until you've married in the temple and had your Masquerade Ball!" She said, "Okay," while she shrugged her shoulders. haha
Mya is currently playing T-Ball (with Scott and I as coaches, but it's been mostly me since Scott has had school on the nights of her games...) and I will proudly say she is one of the best on her team! She is one out of maybe two or three that consistently hit the ball from the coach pitch instead of off the tee. We are still working on her arm- as to not be told the demeaning remark "you throw like a girl!" :) Mya is such a good sister to Mason and is always looking out for him; whether it's protecting him from our chickens or talking sweet to him when he's in time out to get him to better understand why Mom put him there. :) She loves to sing and play dress up. She makes up some of the funniest, random songs. Just like today on our way home from T-Ball she was singing about missing Christmas and wishing Santa would come give her presents. :) Her birthday and Christmas just cannot come fast enough! I love that Mya still says on a daily basis, "Mom, do you know I love you?" It still melts my heart even if she says it multiple times a day when things get quiet and she feels like she needs to say something. :) I love her to pieces!
If you ever want to learn the language of grunts, come spend 2 hours with Mason and you'll be fluent! Although he's 22 months old now, he says very little. He really only says four words: Maa! (this is mom, but always screamed or at least said very loudly!), Dada, Ba (ball), and P-p-p-p-p (this was our compromise for please. I refused to give him things, particularly treats until he started trying to talk. We tried the peese but he wouldn't attempt it, so when he would at least make the "p" sound we called it good.) Although he only has a 4 word vocabulary, it doesn't mean he doesn't know what he wants! He has found a way to communicate while doing cherades to get us to guess what he's saying. Some days it's soooo frustrating, but others it's pretty hilarious. The hilarious moments are times when I actually guess right and he gets excited and smiles and nods his head. One conversation in particular was about baseball. He would grunt and point to his hand, as if he was putting on his mit. Then would throw the ball. I responded, "You want to throw a ball?" He shook his head and tried again doing the same two actions but adding in the swinging of the bat with some more grunts. I said, "Ohh you want to play baseball?" He giggled and giggled with joy as he hurried off the bed to get his gear. He is such a character- I just hope he learns a few more words soon!
A few nights ago the three of us were playing on the piano. I was helping each of them play different easy songs, while holding their hand with their pointer finger out. Once I was done with Mason, he quickly grabbed my hand and tried teaching me how to play. His cute face as he looked up at me and gave me the grunt, "Uhh?!?" was so funny. As if he was saying, "Did you like that one Mom?"
Mason truly is an athlete and his Dad couldn't be happier. We are honestly surprised (and proud) of how coordinated he is. He can throw just about as hard as Mya, can hit the ball that he pitches to himself, and can honestly throw a good spiral on a football. He also loves soccer and I've had to limit a few balls from him kicking because he kicks them too hard and has hit pictures on the wall! Although he's a sports nut, he does have a "soft side" in that he loves wearing other peoples shoes. You could call it being a good brother... but when Scott and I are tired of playing dress up and princesses with Mya, Mason will get the princess shoes on and march around the house. I've often caught him sneaking into Mya's room to get the heals on. He now thinks it's a funny game when he gets away with putting them on before I catch him. It is pretty funny and I have taken pictures for black mail in the future. :) Mason is so much fun, and I love, love Love him!
12 years ago


2 comments:
Cute kids ShaRee!They sure do keep life exciting!I think Mya looks like your Mom in some of those pics. Love ya cousin! Thanks for the laugh.
oh my heart meltage. Probably the cutest thing i've ever seen. That's what its all about right there. Way to go MOM!!
Post a Comment