Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Fun!

Warning- picture overload! Here's what we've been up to for a while!


Teeball! Scott and I were Mya's TBall coach for the 3-4 year olds. Along with Mya we coached her two cousins Sage and Blake. I don't know if I'll coach Tball again after this :) but we sure had fun and Mya was one of the best hitters on the team! That's my girl!



 Sage, Mya, and Blake showing off their trophies

Mya and Mason love to build forts out of blankets :)
 Cute picture after church one day... showing off my kids and our awesome roses


 For Memorial Weekend we went to St George and Zions with the Dillmans in our ward. Here's the kids at a fun splash park in St George

Mason and Marshall splashing away
 Getting ready to go swimmin at the RV park we stayed at... Goof ball!
 Standing under Weeping Rock at Zions


 We stopped at the first Emerald Pool but Mya wanted to keep going on the trail, so just she and I hiked a little further to the other side. She is such a go-getter. Love her!

 Scott promised Mya if she hiked the whole way up by herself, he would carry her the whole way down :) She made it, and enjoyed the shoulder ride back down!

We also went to Riverton's rodeo where the flag was brought in by sky-divers. It was awesome!
 Mya and Sage the horse lovers and maybe one day rodeo queens?!? :)
 My little cowboy...
 My handsome boys!

We also added a new addition to our family this summer.... Meet our new hound Colt!





Once Scott finished his crazy, hectic summer semester at the U, he stayed busy by building the kids an awesome play house!




He also has been working hard on our awesome garden!

 The finished project! (He also has added gravel around it since I took this picture) My husband is freakin amazing! :) 






A project I've been working on with my sisters is making a quilt for each of us from my Mom's old clothes. We try to get together every Wednesday (those that can) but are still not quite done cutting all the different squares! (We miss you Laura and Lena!) I'll take more pictures as we continue with our progress!

Keeping cool....
 Watching baseball with their cousins...

For the 4th of July we had a BBQ at the Curtis'. We had a friendly game of croquet...
That I won!!! Boo-yah baby! Beat all the boys! haha





 Mason unfortunately doesn't really like the fireworks... Hopefully next year! :)
 The Curtis grandkids...


Along with the 4th of July celebrating, we get to celebrate Mason's birthday all weekend long too! We first started with my family on the 3rd...



This is the cake I made for him to celebrate with the Curtis Fam on the 4th... Mason loves baseball! I was pretty proud of myself with this creation.








Then for his actual birthday we went to a Bees baseball game!


 He did not like the Bee!


Another fun activity we've recently done is the Riverton Demolition Derby!
 The best part wasn't the cars though, it was watching Scott compete in the bean deep dive to find the poker chip!!! This was just one of 4 other tables around the arena...


 Stupid announcer got in my way while video taping! But here's a good pic of how messy he got! He won a cooler bag with a t-shirt, cup, windshield visor, and gift card to Salsalito's inside. Way to go babe!!!




The first week of June I went to girl's camp with our ward. I was the camp director. It was a lot of work, but it was a lot of fun!!! Here we are waiting for the buses to head up to Heber Valley Church Grounds
 Putting up the canopy- Since we didn't have to put up tents, I had to make sure the girls put something together for our camp :) That's me dead center, I often got mistaken for one of the girls... :)
 Here's me showing off at our service project. Look how tough I am! haha


 Three weeks before camp there was still 3 feet of snow... I was worried since we were the first camp up there for the summer, but had an idea to make the most of the snow if it was still there. Thankfully most of the snow had melted, but the amphitheater was still covered. So after our service project we cooled down by "body baggin"- my kind of sledding! This is me trying to make a path down the snow for the others...

 Some of the girls decided to use the trash bags to make a full body suit. We had such a blast! All the girls and leaders took a ride down. Not many people can say they went sledding in June, let alone while at girls camp!

 The gang waiting for the ropes course
 Giddy Goats (just one of the many slang words I taught the girls while there)

 This is me yelling "Yee-Haw!" down the zipline :)
 Photo-stalker Heather...
 Me and Brittny on the paddle boat. It was freakin cold the day we went on the lake, but we all still made the most of it!
 Last pic before leaving camp in front of our cabin...
 Here's the cute craft I had the girls all make. The yellow says Daughter of a King. It was a blast, and hope the girls had as much fun as I did. I love how uplifing camp is, always a testimony builder!

Here's our crazy dog, Spot. I think it's hilarious that he loves chasing bubbles!!!
All in all it's been a very busy summer thus far, and we're only half way through! Among other things not shown in pictures, Scott and I were on a co-ed softball team that played every Friday night. We had so much fun! Our team took 2nd regular season and then 3rd in the final tournament against all the other co-ed teams. What are we gonna do on Friday nights now?!? I'll try to keep up on the blog better than I have been, but I make no promises!!!

4 comments:

Marci said...

Wow. What a summer! You have some really cute pictures of Mya and Mason. Let's hang out soon...

Michelle said...

Awesome, ShaRee! Sounds like a blast. You guys sure know how to have a good time!:)

Stacey said...

Holy Moly- you've been busy. Glad you've been having so much fun with your cute fam! We need to get together or at least chat soon.

Ashley said...

No camera, the price to fix it is the same amount I bought it for. Not sure what to do. That picture was off my phone.