How does time go sooo fast that I cannot keep up on my blog?!? Well here's a much needed update on what we've all been up to...
PICTURES
The kids and I went to Gardner Village with some ward friends to see all the fun witches...
We had a couple fun parties leading up to Halloween... Can you guess who Scott is? Clue: "Happy painting, and God Bless" was his sign off remark.
The annual Curtis games, eating the doughnut off the string...
Heck yeah, I won! I don't practice putting my fist in my mouth for nothing! :)
Our humorous pumpkins...
Mason the puppy. When asked what he wanted to be for Halloween his only response was puppy... Glad I found this costume just in time!
My cute Trick or Treaters...
Scott and I, along with his siblings and parents went to the freezing cold Ute Football game against UCLA. It's a good thing we won, because I would've been mad if I sat through the wet and cold for nothing!
The Curtis Christmas tradition- the gift exchange with the mini Santa Claus...
The always anticipated Ugly Sweater season, that Scott and Mitch seem to get too excited about...
The Durfey family ugly sweater contest winners... Dallon (nephew), Scott (cousin), Lisa (cousin)
We love the Santa with his reindeer at 90th and State!
Yeah, pathetic reindeer, the other two were a little better. This one was called Lefty...
My shepherd and angel getting ready for the Day nativity scene on Christmas Eve...
I love this tradition!
We had a fun time exhanging gifts one at a time after the nativity, cheering everyone on as they opened their presents. It made the kids even more excited, and the adults even got into it!
Christmas morning sitting in their new camping chairs after opening gifts.
Notice the chocolate face? Yeah he dug right in to his stocking candy!
Posing in front of the tree after church in their new Sunday outfits...
More presents at Grandma and Grandpa Curtis'
Yep, gotta love the stache... ?!?
Cute cousins! Mya, Sage, and Sienna in their matching tutu's!
The day after Christmas we decided to make use of an extra day off and go sledding... Where was the snow you may ask?!? A good 2 hour drive away, but we found it!
Is that cousin Eddie?!? haha
The dogs pulling the sled back up :)
Too bad the kids didn't last long enough to make the drive worth it! They were too cold to last more than 4 times down the hill... Go figure.
Yes, I even tried it too!
MASON
Mason is talking more and more, and slowly better and better. He is still quite the athlete and always wants us to yell "Go Mase" while he's playing whatever sport at the time. He loves to sing Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree, say "Go Utes", and can count to 5! He is learning his colors and working on the ABC's. One big thing Mason is working on is potty training. I've been working with him off and on for a while now, but as of this week, we are full force and it appears he's catching on (fingers crossed)! He stayed dry all day yesterday so I'm hoping the streak continues! A few funny things Mason says lately that I want to record:
"One more peese, Mom? Peeeese!" and occasionaly a "peety peese" is thrown in too
"One baby or two babies?" as he points to my stomach. He now knows, "Mommy one baby (as he lifts one finger up), Jamie two babies." he says this daily which cracks me up.
Every time we pass a church he always asks, "My chuch Mom?" He really can't quite fit the 'r' in church yet.
Whenever I ask what he wants for lunch, it's always, "Cheese sanwish"
His new thing since Dad got a new phone is Angry Birds. It is so funny to hear him ask, "Me pay gree birds peese Dad?" He says it so fast and three of four times in a row before you can even answer.
He is getting better at saying the prayer, and throws a tantrum if he doesn't get to say it on the food. They are short: "Father, food, bless, Jesus Christ Amen" While saying his prayers before bed, we try to make him say more, but he tries to end it after every phrase we give him. He makes it hard not to laugh during prayer time!
Riding his scooter he got for Christmas...
Playing "dress up" with sister... Notice the sport band on his wrist :)
This is what Mason does while he sits, and sits, and sits on the toilet waiting to go #2... So hilarious!
MYA
Mya just turned 5 on December 20th... It was a much anticipated birthday, and she loved being able to open birthday/Christmas presents for a full week! (Pictures to follow...) She is really starting to excel in pre-school, and reading is starting to "click" as she learns new words and can sound them out. She can already read a few first grade books, as we continue to expand her "sight words". She is such a good helper around the house, and is the best big sister to Mason. Mya LOVES to color, but she just doesn't color however she wants. She likes to color realistic pictures and makes me look up accurate pictures of whatever animal on the computer. She is very detailed and border-line perfectionist when it comes to making sure they look right. I forced her to color a fairy and pegasus horse this week by just using her imagination for the colors; she got frustrated because she wanted to make sure she colored it "right". Ahhh that girl :) Mya also loves to sing and dance. She definately stole "the show" at our ward's primary program. She out-sang every kid and knew the words to every song. :) People in our ward still comment about what a great singer she is. Her favorite songs to sing are: I love you like a love song (Selena Gomez), I just can't wait to be king (Lion King), My Life is a Gift (primary), One 21 Guns (GreenDay), and she'll make up whatever lyrics to what she is doing at the moment. :) Mya is really excited about having a new baby. She initially said that it has to be a girl or she won't love it, but she is getting a little better about the possibility of it being a boy (although she still REALLY wants a sister!) A few of Mya's favorites: Cinnamon Toast Crunch (she would eat this for every meal if I let her), Peanut Butter Banana Sandwiches, Rollie Pollies (crepes), Pancakes (made into fun animal shapes thanks to Dad), Rootbeer, Apples, and her dad's homemade chocolate shakes! :)
The puppy she really, really wanted from Grandma and Grandpa Curtis...
She still has an obsession with horses and wanted yet another horsey cake for her bday. This one I did all by myself- not too shabby! :)
She has a lot of friends in our ward to help celebrate her special day...
And her "bestest" present was her bike :) Grateful she loves it!
Who says you can't ride bikes in December?? If there's no snow, why not?? :)
SCOTT
Scott recently celebrated the big 3-0! Although you would never guess it, especially while watching him on the basketball court, he insists he "feels his age". I would say the mustache he sported through the holidays made him look his age, but glad it's finally off!!! He is now "neck deep" in homework as he is taking 15 credits from the U, while working full time, being the best dad/husband, oh and being in the elder's quorum presidency! He is one busy guy, but still makes time for me and the kids. He is looking forward to another summer filled with triathalons...
His Mom gave him volume one of his scrapbook, birth to age 6... Yeah look at the stack of pages for just 6 years!!! She is a mad woman! :)
Yes food storage! haha
Nope, a Utah Pillow Pet, and....
a Skydiving Trip... Gotta update the Life Insurance Policy before March! :)
SHAREE
I am now 16 weeks pregnant, and starting to get some energy back and can make dinner again without getting nauscious. I am working for Castle and Cooke Mortgage as a loan officer and am struggling to build a better cliental. I love being able to work from home so I can be with the kids. I am enjoying my new calling as the Miamaid advisor, and love being back with the YW! I also love our Tuesday Quilting Days with my sisters as we continue making quilts for each of us from my mom's clothes. We are getting closer and closer, and I'm getting better on the sewing machine! I'm also grateful to finally have this "monkey" off my back to update my blog! Who knows how long it will take me next time! :)






4 comments:
Congrats on your pregnancy. BTW the clip of Mason had me rolling in laughter. Love you lots cuz
Im in the process of updating mine too... it looks like we stopped around the same time! glad you are doing well and congrats on the pregnancy! your kids are adorable!
So good to get an update. I had no idea that you're pregnant. Congrats! I think it's about time I update my blog too!
Somewhere along the way I missed the memo that you're prego...congrats!!! Sounds like you guys are doing great and staying very busy.:)
Post a Comment