Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Quarterly Update! :)

So I've come to the realization/acceptance that I'm only good at updating my blog once a quarter! :) Here's what has happened since January...

We finally got some snow to play in, in February!
 This was Mason's first real time just playing in the snow. He loved it for as long as he could handle it- until he got cold!
 Dad even joined the fun later that week and built a slide, fort, and snowmen!


 Look closely at our family of snowmen... the mom has a pregnant belly too. Scott is so clever :)

In March we got some baby chicks to replace the ones are stinkin' dogs ate! Mya would ask daily when we would be getting new ones!


As you can see- Mya LOVES the baby chicks... They aren't so small anymore, but she still asks to play with them every day! She is quite the chicken catcher! :)

Mason was a little afraid of the "chickies" at first, but now he is really good with them too.



Easter! Here was our first Easter Egg Hunt with my siblings...





Easter Egg Hunt #2 at Riverton Park... Posing with the bunny before-hand. Stupid shadow... but Mason did NOT like him!!!
Waiting for the horn to blow to go get all the candy and prizes... You would think they would be super excited to rake in all that candy, but the minute we ran in they both started crying!!! What the heck?!? Mya was apparently too cold, and I found out later Mason was mad because he wanted to hold his own basket (I held both their baskets so they could get the candy easier...) Well they each got three pieces of candy and one prize which I picked up for them! I then took them by the hands and we walked back to the car while the other kids continued to "hunt". I was so annoyed! :) Better luck next year- that is if I take them next year!!!

Thankfully they were both excited to find their Easter baskets Sunday monrning :)


 Posing with their clothes and toy that the Bunny brought...


The Curtis grandkids cheesing before the big Curtis hunt! I forgot my camera, so this was the only pic I got with my phone... We raked in some good "date night" money with all our hard boiled eggs! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa! :)


Ohhh Mason... He no longer willingly takes naps, so on particularly ornery days he will fall asleep in funny places :) Not sure how he didn't fall off the chair in this position!

 Here's a pic of him falling asleep while in the corner for time-out. I video taped him with his head bobbing, it was pretty funny!
 Posing to show he is officially potty trained with his sticker filled potty chart and reward pictures on the door. So glad to be done with diapers for a little while!
 Showing off the cool "Cars 2" underwear! I love this kid!


Some fun things to journal about Mason... He can now count to 13, and sing the ABC's (although he still runs a few letters all together, but he's getting better). When we ask him what we should name the baby his typical answers are: baseball, football guy, or race car. Occassionaly he will have a random toy/object in his hand and will say, "Mom, we should name yer baby sippy cup! That a cute name!" haha He's always saying something to crack me up. He always likes to ask "Mom you proud me?" at whatever he is doing. Since the beggining of spring he has been obsessed with going to a baseball game and notices every baseball field we pass while in the car. He cannot wait to start tee-ball! Mason is also very good about remembering to say his prayers. He always makes sure to ask to help him sleep in his bed aaalllll night and to go to a baseball game. :) Mason is fun to put to bed too because he smothers me with kisses; on both my cheeks, my nose, my forehead and even my eyes. :) He loves to watch Mickey Mouse and you can hear him yell "Toodles" anywhere in the house. He is really looking forward to having a baby and always wants to know when I will get my baby out. :) I'm sure he'll make a great big brother!


Here's a cute pic of Mya posing with her best friend/cousin Sage on the left, and friend Allie on the right. These girls play soccer on the same team and are so cute together!

My sweet girl showing off her princess teeth for the camera :) I can't believe how big she is getting! 

Mya is getting better and better at reading and can almost count to 100 with no help. As I said earlier, she loves the baby chickens and is quite the "farm girl". She is very observant and is getting too smart for her own good sometimes. :) The other day she wanted to know how babies get into Mom's bellies... I avoided the question and just said Heavenly Father gives them to us. She said that Jesus must be tricky when he puts them in our bellies, and then said "When I get pregnant I'm going to keep my eyes open and catch him putting the baby in!" Scott and I tried so hard to keep a straight face... It was as if she were trying to catch Santa at Christmas... :) She is too funny and is always giggling and making us laugh. Mya is very excited to be having a baby sister and tells everyone that her mom is pregnant with a girl; and when I say everyone that means every random stranger that comes near us in the store! It's also cute to hear her say pregnant because she makes into a 3 syllable word.  She loves to put her hands on my stomach to feel the baby do somersaults. She gets so excited and giggles when she kicks and moves around, I love it! She is also trying hard to help us pick a name for the baby. Most of her names start out "normal" but then she adds a twist to the end (ie Samanthina, or Marina, Alestia, etc) She is quite opiniated about the names Scott and I have suggested saying she doesn't like them and the baby will hate her name... :) We'll see what happens once the baby is here! Mya is excited to be playing soccer again and is so disappointed when she doesn't score a goal. She continues to entertain us with the many songs she makes up and performs for us. I just love my Mya!

Yes, the baby is getting bigger- as am I! This picture was taken at 26 weeks which was 5 weeks ago. That means I'm now in the single digit countdown! 9 weeks and counting!

We found out on February 15th we will be having a girl! Mya was super excited to be getting a sister! I was just excited to see everything looked good and healthy. Can't wait to see what this girl will look like and what her name will be! I'm hoping my mom is giving her some good advice and that she is developing the same amazing qualities her grandma has!

Don't count on another post until the baby is born! :) Until then...


No comments: