Tuesday, January 29, 2008

We Thank Thee Oh God For a Prophet

What an amazing man and prophet! We were taken by surprise to hear of his death Sunday night while flipping through the channels. I was very sadden by the news but felt a great comfort of peace knowing he was now reunited with his sweet wife, and that the church will continue to move on. The organization of the church is a testimony in and of itself to me that this church is true! No politics or interviews or "voting" who will be our next prophet and leader, compared to the selecting of the new Pope. We love this gospel and we love President Hinckley!


I love this picture capturing how happy he was all the time- and I'm sure he's just holding that cane and not really using it. :) He will be missed!!!

4 comments:

ANGELA said...

That's a great picture! I love it!!!

Sarah L. said...

I felt the same way. It was weird to here of him dying. I thought he was going to live forever:)
So I am meeting Sarah and Angela at Sarah's house in Lehi the 18th of Feb. If you have the time come and play
sarah

Sarah L. said...

Ok now we might be meeting in S.F. on the 15th. I will just let you know what we decide. k-bye

Readyforadventure said...

I am back sorry. I love your blog. Thank you for sharing your testimony of this amazing man!!!