Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Light at the end of the tunnel...

GOOD NEWS! We finally received an official offer on our home after 4 days of verbal negotiations. If all goes well (knock on wood) we will close on October 27th. We are happy we are finally able to sell, but so sad to realize we only have a few weeks in our ward/neighborhood. We have made so many good friends here in the Willows and are going to miss them so much! Just because we are moving to Salt Lake County though does not mean we still can't be friends and hang out! (We're not moving as far as the LaBass's did!!! :) ) So yes it is bitter-sweet, but such a relief. We were worried if it didn't sell this fall, we wouldn't sell it all winter and it would have been next spring/summer, and we did not want to have to rent it out. Anyway, it's good but bad news. I hope all our friends here in SF won't be bitter about our move we promise to keep in touch and remain friends.

Other news, our ward split this last Sunday... Also bitter-sweet. I will miss the friends we made and the older couples from the "old part" of the ward. They kept all of our subdivision and new townhomes intact, but the "old part" was divided 3 different ways and put into existing wards. Splitting wards are never easy, but it's so reassuring and also reaffirming that this church is true! The work will move forward, new Bishop, new presidencies, new teachers but the gospel principles never change with the ward boundaries. When I think about the structure of the church, that in and of itself is a testimony to me that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church on the earth. It's awesome!

3 comments:

Sarah L. said...

Holy Smokes:)))) Way to go. I get you guys are very happy about that. I am happy for you. So we moved far away, that doesn't mean we can't come and raid the neighborhood:) I hope all goes well and the house closes as planned. :)

Ashley said...

I don't know if i missed it in conversation at my house. but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm very excited for you. We have a truck and a trailer if you need any help in the move. Love you!!

Kristin said...

Oh well that is nice. We have not gotten anything on ours. You are selling lots cheaper then ours too. Is that what yours is going for or did you just price low? Anyways Hope it works out.