I have a good friend that currently lives in California who is fighting with all her might to get people educated about Propisition 8, of allowing gay marriage in CA. I know it is important that we stand up for this not just because of The LDS Church standards as marriage between a man and woman, but to also stand up for it because of the freedoms it can take away. Sarah has a great post on her blog that I think everyone should take a look at. She also has a special blog devoted to supporting Prop 8. Please know that this law is not about taking away current rights for gay/lesbian couples, but it is actually defining what marriage is. Although I don't believe being gay is right, I'm not going to bash on anyone who is. If Prop 8 is not passed the Christian beliefs will not be tolerated. The gay couples think they need to define marriage differently to give them more "rights" but by doing so they will be taking away my rights, and that's something I'm not okay with! Please take a look at Sarah's blog to become more informed how this law could change not only California citizens' lives, but everyone's throughout the nation as well. Thanks Sarah for keeping us "outsiders" informed! We all need to know what this law really is about!
12 years ago


2 comments:
Thanks ShaRee. I have to admit I am feeling a bit choked up right now. This fight has been very draining but I know we have to go on. Thanks for your support and kind words. It means the world to me:)
Your talk was so awesome yesterday. I don't think I told you at church. I want a copy of it! Thanks for your good example. I'm going to miss VTing you. (When we come ;)).
Post a Comment