First of all, thank you to all those that fasted and prayed for my mom and family. I am so very blessed to have such wonderful friends and family to be supporting us through this difficult time. I don't know where I'd be without the knowledge of the gospel, and the power of prayer and priesthood blessings!
My mom went to the onocologist yesterday and received hopeful news. They are pretty sure that it is breast cancer that has moved into her right lung, but will be doing a biopsy to test for sure. It is stage 4 cancer but the doctor said she has an 80% chance of living 10+ years! Such a sigh of relief. They will be starting off with a pill for 3 months before doing chemo therapy. I guess even though it is at a stage 4 it is not progressing very fast, so he wants to see how these pills react with the cancer first. He said although there is no cure, they will treat it like a chronic disease. This news definately came as some relief as the initial thoughts of lung cancer were all gloom and doom. She will need to stay "in tune" with her breathing so she doesn't wait as long as she did before to have the fluid drained. On Friday Mom said she hadn't felt that good (breathed that easy) in months! Today is a little harder she said, but still not as bad. I will continue to post updates as they come, but thank you all again for your prayers- and please do not stop now. :) The real battle has just begun, but we know that Mom is tough and we are expecting at least those 10 extra years with her!!!
12 years ago


10 comments:
ShaRee... I have been out of the blogging loop for a while and was shocked to hear about your Mom! I am so sorry! Any battle with cancer is a heart-wrenching one not only for the person fighting it, but for all the loved ones fighting it with them. I am so glad to hear that you will hopefully have several years with her still! We will definitely keep you in our prayers... please let us know if there is anything else we can do!
ShaRee, we were so happy when my dad told us the good news about your mom last night! What a relief it was to hear that things were not as bad as we had all initially thought. We are constantly thinking of your mom and the rest of your family and you are in all of our prayers.
There are so many things they can do now. My sister is about the same age as your Mom and she has had stage 4 breast cancer for six years and is doing wonderfully. She even works full time.
We sure appreciate the update since we are not in touch much except for the reunions. I've always adored Louise!
We are so happy to hear your good news! We love your family and our prayers will be with you as you continue to fight this disease. Please give your mom our love.
I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing better. I will continue to pray for you all!
That is great news, so blessed and lucky to be able to have that time with her, I hope you will continue to recieve blessings through the long road ahead!
Good news is the best. It's crazy how many people I know have cancer right now. There is a girl here (my age) who just was told she is terminal with colon, ovarian, intestinal, kidney ect cancer. Smokes. The girl has 4 kids and is way young. I hope she makes it. So far so good with her. Any ways, sorry about my slacking to blog. Scotty got a new camera and is taking forever to get me my pics that I want to blog about. I'll catch up:) happy day
I'm glad to hear that things are going better. Cancer is no fun. I hope and pray that things will continue to look up for your Mother and family. It is so hard to watch those you love suffer. Take care.
hey there- i'll quickly tell you that i'm mustang suzie's (sue taylor)oldest daughter, rhonda, and that haws' sister sarah was my grandmother.
mom told me about aunt louise and i just wanted you to know that we're offering prayers out here in texas, too. please give her our love!
Ok so I am a blog stalker too. I don't know if you remember me from BYU-I, but I was chatting with Brandon Howell tonight on Facebook and I got thinking about all of you girls. I was checking out Bethany's blog and saw you. It is funny to find people sometimes. My dad is going through chemo right now. He had colon cancer 3 years ago and has been in remission for 2 years. It came back in his liver this time and he has his MRI tomorrow to see if he needs surgury to remove the cells or not. He is back to normal range for cancer. So things are looking hopeful. Have your mom go to a naturpathic doctor. My dad added that this time and he was able to amaze the doctors with his recovery. Cancer cannot live in an alcaline body. It feeds off acid. There is a book all about the ph diet. It helps A LOT.
Post a Comment