Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Expect A Miracle...

We gathered as a family last night to give my mom a blessing. Six of the eight kids were there (we missed you Nathan and Jordan!) along with my mom's siblings and their spouses, and of course grandma. Although it was not a joyous occasion to be gathered, it was a spiritual event. My uncle David shared a scripture he had been pondering on his way home from work (he is an institute teacher) from D&C 24:13, which says: Require not miracles, except I shall command you, except casting out devils, (and) healing the sick..." He said with and through our faith we can expect a miracle to occur to help our mom overcome this battle. It is ultimately the Lord's will but we can still ask and expect a miracle with our united faith. My uncle Dennis then gave my mom a wonderful blessing and I know that through the priesthood healing of the sick is possible!

We still don't know all the details of how bad the cancer is but I truly believe my mom can fight through this once again. She is a fighter! She feels fairly good- just cannot breathe very well. She still has her sense of humor and contagious smile. I know the Lord will help us through this! What extra news I do know is they removed 2 liters of fluid from her lungs yesterday and she will be doing more tests today. She should be released from the hospital this afternoon. The fluid should tell us if the cancer is the same type stemmed from her breast cancer, and an additional cat-scan (sp?) will show if it has spread anywhere else. So it is not officially lung cancer but rather cancer in her right lung. I will continue to post more details as they come. For any family that reads this, and any others who are interested, we will be having a special fast for her this Sunday. Thanks for all your kind words of encouragement. Please keep us in your prayers! We love you Mom!!!!

11 comments:

Sarah L. said...

Aren't you so glad that you are a member of the church when things like this come around? Could you imagine not knowing what we know and not having the priesthood blessing? We are looking forward to good news:0)

The Curtis Family said...

You and your family are for sure in our prayers. It was fun to see you all on Monday. Keep us up to date on the things going on. We hopefully will see you all again on the 6th. Take care and please let us know if you need anything.

Sam and Marcy

ANGELA said...

ShaRee I am so sorry! I hope all the tests come back with the best results possible. We will keep you in our prayers. Please let me know what I can do for you! ANYTHING!!!

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

I am so sorry! We will be praying for your mom and your family.

Mustang Suzie said...

We will be praying for your Mom. Please give her our love and please let us know if we can do anything.
Best wishes to your family from Ron and Suzanne Taylor (Stan and Sarah Durfey Taylor's son and daughter in law).

CAMI said...

Sharee, We miss you and your cute family! Talmage has especially had a hard time not being able to see Mya in nursery. He has just barely started to go again without a fuss. Your mom will definitely be in our prayers! Cami

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BJ and Sherrie Benson said...

ShaRee-
I am so sorry to hear about your mom's health. I hope everything turns out ok. She is such a sweet lady.

Jeana said...

i'm so sorry to hear this! we will keep your mom and your family in our prayers.

Heatherjo said...

Your family is in my prayers, ShaRee. Keep your head up, love ya!
~hj

Lee & Kindra said...

I have a blog award for you! Go to my blog to get it!

Kindra