Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Getting Your Input...

So I've been debating making our blog private for quite some time, so I thought I would ask my fellow bloggers of their opinion. I know it's probably initially a pain to get everyone emailed, but are there any other drawbacks? I have never received random comments from "stalkers" and I "track" who has visited through the Feedjit, but is that enough? Are there still sick pyschos stalking my family's life? :) Anyway, I just wanted to get some input from those of you that may have tried the private way to see what you thought. Thanks!

6 comments:

deedlebug said...

I think private is just fine. I know a few people who are private and seem to like it that way. I will probably go that way at some point.

Ashley said...

I personally am fine with not going private. What if a friend from high school or whatever finds my blog but can't see me cause I went private and couldn't leave a hello to me. Maybe one day I will change my mind.......

Unknown said...

I was private at first, and my father in law had a hard time as well as some other family and friends getting into to view the blog, drove him nuts...logging in each time and all that, so he talked me into changing it. Its been fun having old friends ect. contact me through the blog too...

Lee & Kindra said...

My sister went private for awhile then changed back. She had friends e-mail her becuase they found her blog through someone else's but couldn't get in. It's really up to you and what your comfortable with though.

ps. We miss you!

Sarah L. said...

I hate being private but I have no choice out here. Lame. Unless you start getting feedback from scary people or you start seeing that someone you don't know is looking and they are scary, then you're fine. I know some people are really weird about their privacy but if you don't care than you're probably fine:)

Shawn and Mish said...

I've toyed with it too. I just decided to make sure my last name and location aren't located anywhere on my blog. Also I have a couple of trackers...map loco (you can see where your visitors are coming from) and statcounter. You can't see exactly who they are or anything, but it will give you a better idea of how much traffic your blog is getting. Check this link out for some good info if you are interested.
http://www.aubreyannie.com/2008/09/blog-safety.html