The title for this post serves two meanings. The first being Scott's surgery went well. We were at the hosptial for 4 hours, but the actual knee scope only took 20 minutes. The repair to his miniscus muscle went great. Scott says it's a little tender, but he's already putting weight on it and walking (we didn't even buy crutches). The doc says he should be back to his sports within 2 weeks- which is a HUGE relief for not only Scott but me too so I won't have to see him depressed for much longer! Scott loves to be active and this has kind of made him a little on the ornery side being held back from sports. ;) Love you honey!
Now for the second topic... Still more opposition in CA about Prop 8. Even though the majority of Californians voted in favor of banning gay marriage, the gays and lesbians are taking it to the "Mormons". Why they've pin pointed our church out versus all the others I don't really understand (I also suppose they could be doing the same to other church's but I just don't see or hear about it.) But click here to see their recent protest at the Los Angeles Temple. This just makes me so sad. I wonder if it will ever calm down and fade out? Doubtful... I wonder how long other states will follow in pushing harder and harder for gay marriage. I am surprised we did not hear as much about the votes in Florida or Arizona- I suppose that's because neither state has a San Francisco... :) At any rate, I'm sure the opposition will continue and the fight to stand up and be proud as a Latter-Day Saint will forge on. Who knows how much worse it will get, but I just have to keep repeating the phrase "All is well, all is well." I was talking with my mother in-law Wednesday night about the whole issue and the "signs of the times" and she said that a seminary teacher once told her, that it won't necessarily be because of the wicked that the 2nd coming will happen, but perharps more so because of the righteous. When the righteous no longer waiver and do everything they are asked is when the Lord will return. There is just so much to think about lately with members of the Church no longer being "fence sitters" and really having to take a stand for righteousness' sake. But among the turmoil their is still so much to be thankful for, and for now that's what I'll try to focus on...
PS- Thanks Diane for the comment. It looks like they are bringing the protest home to Utah. Click here for the report on KSL's webpage...
12 years ago


4 comments:
I am glad to hear that all went well with surgery. Not even crutches! That is great!
It is sad to see what is happening as a result of Prop 8 passing. I heard on the news this morning that there will be a protest at Temple Square tonight. I sure hope that they keep it peaceful and do not resort to violence or shouting matches. We must just remember to keep our hearts focused on the Lord and His will. You are right - All will be well if we endure.
Ya, it's frustrating. We watched that commercial that played in CA about the mormon misisonaries taking away a marriage license. It kills me that they use terms like 'intolerant' or 'civil rights' when it isn't a civil rights issue--it's a morality issue and it has the potential to take away our right to worship freely. They can worship freely and heck, they sure weren't born gay--they made the choice.....anyway,all is well enough and as long as we stay true things will all work out!
Hey girl. Sorry you guys are being hit with all this crazyness but I have to say it is making me stronger. We have some members that are wavering and I bet soon enough they won't stay with us. Then all the ones who are standing will be the ones who are 100% faithful to the prophets counsels and hopefully then it will be over. I am so ready to get rid of this evil world and throw rocks and Satan:)
I had no idea that Scott was having surgery...you need to fill me in on stuff. LOL Anyway, glad he is doing good!!!!
Post a Comment