My new ward had a RS class last week on food storage. I will admit, I probably wouldn't have gone if my mother-in-law hadn't been there to persuade me, but boy am I glad I went! They showed a DVD from an EXPERT canner (seriously this lady was insanely organized and prepared) named Sis DeWitt. She has written a 28 page book of ideas and information of how to better feed your family. Her meals she discussed were not the gross thoughts of desperate food storage you would typically think of when you rely on your year supply, like beans and rice and wheat. They were meals like taco soup, chicken alfredo, sweet and sour chicken, spaghetti, and even chocolate cake- YES moist chocolate cake!!! You really need to check out this website it will give you the download to get the DVD we watched AND her little book for FREE! I've never been so excited about food storage before! This lady bottles everything ranging from meat to chocolate chips! She tells you how to bottle bread and cakes! And really with a little organization and a few extra tools (a pressure cooker canner, solar oven, and a foodsaver) canning/food storage can become fairly easy! So check out the link and let me know if you have any questions. This lady is truly amazing and I'm grateful I went to the class so I can better feed my family during times of need or crisis!
12 years ago


4 comments:
ShaRee, can you do me a huge favor? I need the addressed of everyone in your family so that we can send out invitations to the Christmas party on December 12th. Do you think you could get your siblings addresses and email them to me? My email address is cathdurf11@yahoo.com.
Thanks so much!!!
Ok so I checked out the site and I love it. I am a little confused because it is a lot of information. I just need to go threw it slower and break it in to parts. We are planning on finishing our food storage this Jan. I am almost done but I really like her way of doing dinners so I might use the info for my dinners instead of what I was planning. I love doing food storage. Thanks for the info.:)
I tried to see the video but it didn't play all the way threw. I read a few pages of the book but I will read more I liked it. So yes you made my top 7. I was talking to Scotty about it the other day and I told him that blogging has made me get to know you better and I was wishing we hung more when i lived there:) Yeah, you're pretty cool:)
Of course we miss you so much! Life has been crazy lately so I've been checking blogs but not commenting. I'm glad surgery went well. That sounded kind of familiar! Thanks for the food storage info. I will try and figure out a way to use it. Does this lady still do enrichments or were you guys special? Tell Scott HI and GO COUGARS!!! ha ha
Post a Comment